Image HTML map generator

Thursday, May 30, 2013

FOOD | vitaly


Beautiful entrance. The cafe has a very modern, loft-y feel to it. And lots of natural light always gets a thumbs up from me.


I'm always on the lookout for great cafes in the OC. Sometimes I wonder if it's too much to ask for place that provides a good atmosphere while serving a decent cup of coffee that costs less that $5?! I mean, come oooon... is Starbucks (are there tutorials out there that teach people how to order from Starbucks that I am not aware of?) and Coffee Bean really the best we can do??? But maybe thats our fault. Coffee culture in America has always been a { fast paced } one. When I was in Paris last October, I learned that the French always liked to end a meal with a small cup of coffee. I thought it was quite wonderful and just so intimate, seeing people bond over something that is so seemingly insignificant. I loved watching them share stories, reading on the daily news, or enjoying a nice smoke with a cup of espresso at hand. HA I sound creepy, but I swear I don't mean to be.


Anyways, I'm rambling. Let's get back to { Vitaly }, my new go-to spot for a good cup of caffè. They offer a modest selection of beverages to select from, and as a bonus you can also choose from either locally sourced beans or (and only for a couple cents more) their Italian imported blends. They also have indoor seating for the sun shy as well as an outdoor patio for people who want to soak up some vitamin D (dogs welcome by the way!!). I've only found this place yesterday and I can already say it fits almost all of the criteria I listed above (haven't been there enough to tell for sure). However, as much as it pains me to say it, only time will tell whether I'll be sticking to this place long term, as I fear that I'll soon be forced out by the hordes of teens and hipsters that frequent { The Camp }--to keep it safe, I think I'll keep to my "weekday mornings" and "after-lunch rushes" routine for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment