Image HTML map generator

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

PERSONAL | snaps for school



One of the projects I had to do my vectors & rasters course was to create a physical guide of Hong Kong street of our choice. The idea was to create a publication spread highlighting interesting things to do or see your particular street with the target audience being tourists, or people who are unfamiliar with the area. Therefore the final design had to be clear, concise, and (duh) pretty.

I am naturally a creature of habit and like to revisit places I like or feel really comfortable in, so when it came to researching streets to feature I was stuck between Star Street in Wan Chai and Tai Ping Shan Street in Sheung Wan. In the end I went with Tai Ping Shan since it seemed to offer a bit more variety of boutiques and cafes. I visited the area one Saturday morning with a fellow SCAD schoolmate to scout the area for some good shots. Here are some I particularly liked, with a few of them making it into the final cut. The first image was featured on the cover page.

No comments:

Post a Comment